Website Owner: Login to to activate your website.

Need your own Website?
Click Here to get your own website online!

Welcome To Fighting Unlimited News , Latest News 24/7

-A new mixed martial arts promotion is off and running

BY FUnews Staff

HANFORD - 559 Fights held its first amateur MMA show on Saturday at the Kings County Fairgrounds treated the fans to eight exciting fights.

In the main event, Gilroy's Brianna VanBuren shocked the Hanford crowd by completely dominating Fresno's Kristen Gatz, who entered the fight with a sparkling 4-0 record.

VanBuren was stronger than Gatz in the clinch and landed some big knees to the body. She locked in a guillotine choke and Gatz tapped out 1 minute, 24 seconds into the first round.
VanBuren improved to 2-0 in her career.

The co-main event showcased Hanford fighter Steven Juarez, a former California state wrestling champion. Juarez pleased his hometown fans with a win over Gerardo Garcia via guillotine choke 1:37 into the second round.

In an exciting back and forth bout, Porterville's Michael Ruiz made a successful debut with a win over Nic Contreras, who entered the bout with a 2-0 record. Ruiz earned the split-decision victory after a dominant third round.

Anthony Martinez needed just 44 seconds to lock in a guillotine choke and force Joseph Longoria to tap out. It was Martinez's amateur debut.

In the first women's bout of the day, Thea Wolfe defeated Leticia Guzman. The fight was called after the second round because of a doctor's stoppage.

Benjamin Amezquita dominated Reynaldo De Leon to pick up his fifth victory as an amateur. Amezquita beat up De Leon before winning via TKO 48 seconds into the second round.

Alberto Arreola secured a unanimous decision victory over Samuel Alfredo. Arreola, who was docked a point for a blow to the back of the head still did enough for the win and left Alfredo a bloody mess.

In the opening fight of the day, Adin Duenas defeated Jose Pacheco to improve to 2-0 as an amateur. From a full mount position, Duenas landed a vicious ground and pound attack, forcing the referee to step in and stop the fight two seconds before the final bell.